Who We Are
We are a Community Health Center Network committed to a healthy Eastern Shore. We provide medical, oral, and behavioral health care and support services to everyone in our community regardless of ability to pay. As primary health care providers, we serve our patients and work with others to manage patients’ health needs in a safe, professional way that also respects the culture of every individual.
Serving Virginia’s Eastern Shore with four medical centers, seven dental locations, and one urgent care center, we are the medical primary care provider of choice. In addition to primary medical and dental care, we offer programs including health education, help obtaining prescriptions for those who can’t afford them on their own, digital x-ray, labwork, travel immunizations and more. Our electronic health records mean you can be seen at any center and your complete medical history will be available.
As a community health center our team will use data, experience and partnerships to provide primary medical, oral and behavioral care, pharmaceutical and urgent care health services that will be personalized, accessible and exceptional.
Eastern Shore Rural Health System, Inc. will be the provider of choice for all who live on and visit the Virginia Eastern Shore.
- Our work is characterized by quality, integrity, teamwork and communication.
- Our relationships with patients demonstrate respect, compassion and confidentiality.
- We strive for the empowerment of patients and colleagues as our partners in improving the quality of our community, our health and our lives.
At Eastern Shore Rural Health System, Inc. we are committed to fostering, cultivating and preserving a culture of diversity, equity and inclusion. Our goal is to create a team that values each individual’s ideas and contributions. By accepting our differences and treating everyone with respect, we’re able to enrich the lives of the people and community we serve.
We embrace and encourage our employees’ differences in age, disability, race, color, ethnicity, religion, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, physical and mental ability, socio-economic status, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic that make our employees unique.
Diversity, equity and inclusion is a business imperative for our organization and is part of who we are. Our initiatives include:
- Educating all of our staff, to include Leadership and Board members, in diversity awareness, unconscious bias, respect and inclusion and avoiding stereotypes.
- Equipping our managers with the tools and resources needed to develop the skills necessary to grow and nurture a diverse team.
- Elevating our commitment in creating a diverse and just organization by ensuring our policies and practices on recruitment and selection, compensation and benefits, and professional development and training, are inclusive and equitable.
- Empowering our employees to work with our patients to address social determinants of health.
- Engaging and promoting employee participation in the diversity effort.