COVID-19 Vaccines & Boosters
The new COVID-19 mRNA monovalent variant vaccine/booster is now available at Rural Health.
Rural Health will no longer give the bivalent vaccine. You must have an appointment to be vaccinated! An administration fee may be charged – have an insurance card available.
- Children aged 6 months–4 years who are not vaccinated should get 2 or 3 doses of either updated Moderna of Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine depending on which vaccine is given. Children age 6 months-4 years who got COVID-19 vaccines before September 12, 2023, should get 1 or 2 doses of updated COVID-19 vaccine depending on which vaccine and the number of doses they’ve previously received.
- Children aged 5 years – 11 years who are not vaccinated, OR have previously gotten a COVID-19 vaccine before Sept. 12, 2023, should get 1 updated Pfizer or Moderna COVID-19 vaccine.
- Ages 12 and up who are not vaccinated, OR who got COVID-19 vaccines before Sept. 12, 2023, should get 1 updated Pfizer or Moderna COVID-19 vaccine.
- If you are immune suppressed timing and dosage can vary – consult your provider.
You do not have to be a Rural Health patient to get vaccinated at Rural Health. All eligible patients are being offered vaccinations or boosters as part of regular appointments.
Patients with COVID symptoms should call for an appointment. Testing will be ordered by the medical provider based on their evaluation.
*Check vdh.virginia.gov/eastern-shore or @EasternShoreHealthDistrict on Facebook for the most up-to-date health department information.
CLICK HERE to learn what to do if you test positive for COVID.
Patient Visit Information – You must call in advance to be seen!
- Read about enhanced safety procedures.
- Read about dental safety equipment in place.
- Read about what to expect when you visit.
- Limited medical visits are available by phone/audio. Copays are currently collected for telehealth visits. YOU MUST TAKE THE CALL IN A VIRGINIA LOCATION.
- All DENTAL services are available in our center offices and school-based dental units. Due to enhanced COVID safety precautions visits take more time and less people can be seen in a day. Please see our video below to learn about safety procedures. PLEASE INFORM US IF YOU CAN’T MAKE YOUR APPOINTMENT.
- Please come to appointment alone 15 MINUTES EARLY, WITH YOUR CELL PHONE, as you may wait in your car. Please DO NOT EAT OR DRINK 15 MINUTES BEFORE ARRIVING. Necessary support people are welcome to accompany patients to appointments but may be asked to remain in the waiting area or car if their presence is not required for treatment. Only one adult allowed with children, regardless of number of children being seen. PATIENTS ARE GIVEN A SURGICAL MASK TO WEAR WHILE IN OR NEAR OUR LOCATIONS. ARRANGEMENTS WILL BE MADE FOR CHILDREN TOO SMALL TO WEAR A MASK OR THOSE DEVELOPMENTALLY OR MEDICALLY UNABLE TO WEAR A MASK.
As of September 25, 2023, residential households in the U.S. can order one set of #4 free at-home tests from USPS.com again. Here’s what you need to know:
- Limit of one order per residential address
- One order includes#4 individual rapid antigen COVID-19 tests
Go to https://special.usps.com/testkits to order your tests today!