COVID-19 Vaccines & Boosters
A new COVID-19 mRNA monovalent variant vaccine COVID booster has been approved. These vaccines have been ordered. Check this page to see if vaccines have been received.
Rural Health will no longer administer the bivalent vaccine and begin administering the new monovalent mRNA variant vaccine to the following ages:
- Ages six months to 4 years of age (Pfizer)
- Ages six months to 11 years of age (Moderna)
- Ages 5-11 (Pfizer)
- Ages 12 and up (Moderna and Pfizer)
The CDC recommends only one dose of the new monovalent variant vaccine to everyone five years and up at least two months after previous COVID vaccine with additional dose considerations for immune suppressed individuals. As with previous COVID 19 vaccines the CDC provides specific guidance for children under five years of age based on previously administered COVID 19 vaccines. Click for more information. https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/stay-up-to-date.html
You must have an appointment to be vaccinated. You do not have to be a Rural Health patient to get vaccinated at Rural Health. All eligible patients are being offered vaccinations or boosters as part of regular appointments.
For HRSA COVID Education and Vaccination Funding Info Sheet click here.
Patients with COVID symptoms should call for an appointment. Testing will be ordered by the medical provider based on their evaluation.
*Check vdh.virginia.gov/eastern-shore or @EasternShoreHealthDistrict on Facebook for the most up-to-date health department information.
CLICK HERE to learn what to do if you test positive for COVID.
Patient Visit Information – You must call in advance to be seen!
- Read about enhanced safety procedures.
- Read about dental safety equipment in place.
- Read about what to expect when you visit.
- Limited medical visits are available by phone/audio. Copays are currently collected for telehealth visits. YOU MUST TAKE THE CALL IN A VIRGINIA LOCATION.
- All DENTAL services are available in our center offices and school-based dental units. Due to enhanced COVID safety precautions visits take more time and less people can be seen in a day. Please see our video below to learn about safety procedures. PLEASE INFORM US IF YOU CAN’T MAKE YOUR APPOINTMENT.
- Please come to appointment alone 15 MINUTES EARLY, WITH YOUR CELL PHONE, as you may wait in your car. Please DO NOT EAT OR DRINK 15 MINUTES BEFORE ARRIVING. Necessary support people are welcome to accompany patients to appointments but may be asked to remain in the waiting area or car if their presence is not required for treatment. Only one adult allowed with children, regardless of number of children being seen. PATIENTS ARE GIVEN A SURGICAL MASK TO WEAR WHILE IN OR NEAR OUR LOCATIONS. ARRANGEMENTS WILL BE MADE FOR CHILDREN TOO SMALL TO WEAR A MASK OR THOSE DEVELOPMENTALLY OR MEDICALLY UNABLE TO WEAR A MASK.